what is the answer, what if there isn't any?
is it one or two and when does now begin?
how long is temporary?
and is standing here a sin?
if nothing lasts forever, say, can I be nothing?
and if forever ends, will we dance the pain away?
is this all there is or is there more to it?
and if I can't touch it, then whose space is it?
if the answer is one, I know I'd want two
how can you tell you're not me and I'm not you?
I mean really - if I was you and you were me,
do you think things would be the way that they are?
Anyway, you say something I think something else
there's nothing wrong with it, it's just the way it goes
am I safer in first class, am I ready to kill -
if I look at you long enough, will time stand still?
is this it?
what will I think when I'll be breathing my last?
am I too slow or is everything else too fast?
if I'd known I was going to live this long,
I'd have taken better care of myself, my son
if nothing lasts forever, say, can I be nothing?
and if forever ends, will you still answer the phone?
I for one know, if you don't laugh at yourself
this life will last so much longer than you like

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen